Wednesday, March 9, 2011

February 23 - 25th - Orlando Trip


As a surprise to Landon, Marie treated him to a week at Disney and Universal for his 6th birthday. We all know my "love" for Disney, so I used it as an excuse to stay at home and be a bachelor for the first part of the week. On Wednesday, I drove down to surprise him at dinner for his birthday and then spend Thursday at Universal with him and Marie before heading home on Friday. In all, about 950 miles in a little over 48 hours. The bike is really sweet grinding out the miles on the interstate (as much as I dislike slab riding). The seat modifications, pegs, and new windshield all fit my riding style really well now and I only need to stop for fuel now (about every 200 miles). I was pleased to see that I was averaging 47 mpg on the trip. The route was nothing to write home about - literally down and back on the same roads. Wednesday's trip down was gorgeous with very light traffic. Friday started off with a very strong crosswind (coming at me from the west) until Lake City and then I rode through about 20 minutes of a light rain (not enough to worry about or stop for rain gear). But once I got back into Georgia, the clouds broke and it was a beautiful ride up from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment